Thank you for your interest in serving the Colorado Springs community. Volunteers are vital to the heartbeat of Springs Rescue Mission. With the support of volunteers like you, together we can bring change in the Pikes Peak Region!
CHRISTMAS OUTREACH EVENTS
Thank you for your interest in serving at our Christmas Outreach Event. All our volunteer positions for our Christmas Outreach event have now been filled. Please see our other regularly scheduled volunteer positions.
Items related to the event:
- Groups are limited to 10 Adults (or individuals 16 and older) plus 10 Children. Children ages 12 – 15 must be accompanied by an adult. The ratio of children to adult must be 1:1. Children are to serve alongside the adult they are in attendance with at the event. The youngest age to serve at this community outreach is 12 years old.
If you have already submitted a Christmas Outreach Event Volunteer Form, please allow 1-2 weeks to receive a confirmation email. Because our volunteer event has reached capacity, you may also receive notice as such. An email with the details of the event, parking, attire, etc. will follow approximately 5 days before the event.
We need individuals to partner with us in serving the poor and homeless in our city. You can use your unique talents and abilities to change the hearts and lives of those who turn to us for help. Below you will see some of the volunteer opportunities offered but we have over two dozen ways you can get involved. Join us for a Volunteer Orientation to learn more.
- Neighbor Relations Associates assist in answering incoming phone calls, interacts with clients, staff, visitors and other volunteer partners.
- Administrative Assistants, partner with Directors, Managers, and Coordinators in planning and scheduling meetings or appointments, organizing hard copy and electronic files, conducting research and managing projects.
- Facilities Coordinators are experienced individuals who serve alongside the Facilities Manager in providing leadership to the ongoing campus projects. Individuals need to have experience as a Job Superintendent or Foreman and or Construction Manager.
- Maintenance Team
- This team works alongside the Facilities Manager in maintaining a safe, secure, and operational campus. We are looking for professional carpenters, electricians, plumbers, handyman, and general contractors.
Supportive Family Services
- Food Pantry and Store Assistants distribute clothing, household items, and other life essentials to struggling families with children, the working poor, the homeless, and anyone who is struggling to make ends meet.
To learn about these opportunities and dozens of other ways to volunteer, register for an orientation today.
HOW TO GET STARTED...
Step 2: After your application is received, we’ll contact you for an interview. During this interview we will talk with you about current volunteering opportunities and discover the next steps you can take to join us in ministry.
Springs Rescue Mission provides wonderful opportunities for businesses, church groups, school groups, community groups and youth groups to engage in service that help our neighbors in need.
- We serve three meals a day, seven days a week to our residents. Six nights a week we open up the evening meal to the public. We invite families, school, business, and community groups to partner with us in distributing the evening meal.
- Warriors receive and sort donations and restock the store. Groups can join the warrior team throughout the week or on Saturday mornings.
- Cleanup and construction projects are constantly taking place on the SRM campus. Round up a group of High School students or Adults to help with seasonal projects, and keeping the grounds clean.
HOW TO GET STARTED...
Step 1: Each group must have a designated adult leader complete the Level One Application, available here. (Only 1 designated group leader per group needed.)
Step 2: A Volunteer Services team member will contact you with available opportunities for your group and all the details you’ll need (including directions, volunteer waivers, guidelines, etc.).
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT GROUP VOLUNTEER PROJECTS
- Group size: most of our projects are suitable for up to 15 people, but occasionally we are able to work with larger groups, on a case by case basis.
- Lodging and meals: we do not provide lodging for volunteer groups, but we do welcome all volunteers to join us for lunch, in the Samaritan’s Kitchen (please let the Volunteer Coordinator know if your group is planning to join us for lunch).
- Group scheduling: all group volunteer project requests must be submitted 30 to 60 days prior to the date of service. The only exception to this is the Samaritan’s Kitchen, which may have openings immediately.
By volunteering, you’re part of something bigger than yourself. Please join us at Springs Rescue Mission and help bring hope and opportunity to at-risk children, women and men of the Pikes Peak Region!
Change lives, including your own!
Get Involved Today!